An age-old and highly skilled trade, carpentry has evolved to incorporate improved building materials and construction methods. Modern-day carpenters find themselves working on a variety of projects that span both the residential and commercial sectors.
This online Diploma course introduces the learner to the current practices in the trade. The first section of the course traces the history of the trade from the primitive to the modern times. It focuses on the various building materials, fasteners, adhesives, and tools used by carpenters in the construction industry. A brief explanation of the safety guidelines and procedures is also covered in this section.Course includes:
- Reading plans and elevations
- Methodologies for constructing floor systems, wall and roof framing
- Work involved in closing off a structure
- Introduction to concrete forms used in construction to the installation of windows, exterior doors and stairs
- Online self-paced training
- Visual multimedia demonstrations
- Instructor oriented learning
- Certificate upon completion
Anyone can take up this course upon interest in anytime you want, anywhere you want, all you need is a smart phone/tablet/computer connected to the internet.
It is of great interest to professionals who want to learn about contemporary procedures and practices in carpentry. It will also be of interest to all learners who want to further develop their career in carpentry and the construction trade.
Upon completion, you will have a test with multiple choice questions and there is no limit on the number of attempts.